NONE OF THE LIGHTS WORK
- Is the unit hooked up to 220 volts with proper size wire?
- Was the electricity hooked up by a qualified electrician?
- Is the main breaker on at the breaker panel?
Note: Certain types of breakers appear to be on, but are actually off. Switch off fully and then on again.
SOME LIGHTS COME ON, SOME DO NOT
- Check all switches. Replaced burned out bulbs (customer's responsibility). If bulbs are in good condition and still do not work, contact Acton Mobile for service.
ALL FLUORESCENT LIGHTS ARE FLICKERING
- Light ballats are cold. Flickering should stop after a few minutes.
BOTH BULBS ARE FLICKERING WITHIN ONE LIGHT FIXTURE
- Change one bulb at a time by removing and installing a new bulb. Be sure you are installing a new lamp. If it does not fix the problem, contact Acton Mobile for service.
NO POWER IN ONE OF THE RECEPTACLES
- Check the GFI receptacle in the bathroom.
- Reset if tripped.
- Check breaker at panel box. If breaker is on and there is still no power, contact Acton Mobile for service.
BREAKER KEEPS TRIPPING IN ONE OF THE RECEPTACLES
- Are there too many cords plugged into the same receptacle causing an overload on the circuit?
Remember: To operate building properly it must be grounded.